Sunday, February 22, 2009

TARP Funds Located?: Nigerian Scam Hits Citibank for $27 Million


Paul Amos, a Nigerian citizen, was arrested trying to enter the US through Los Angeles last week, for scamming $27 million from Citibank. I wonder if this worked with other banks. Maybe that's why none of them want to tell us where the TARP funds are... they sent it all to Nigerian scammers. Well, with so much free money floating around, and losses subsidized by taxpayer money, why bother to check these things?

To carry out the elaborate scheme, prosecutors in New York said on Friday, the man, identified as Paul Gabriel Amos, 37, a Nigerian citizen who lived in Singapore, worked with others to create official-looking documents that instructed Citibank to wire the money in two dozen transactions to accounts that Mr. Amos and the others controlled around the world.

The money came from a Citibank account in New York held by the National Bank of Ethiopia, that country’s central bank. Prosecutors said the conspirators, contacted by Citibank to verify the transactions, posed as Ethiopian bank officials and approved the transfers.

Mr. Amos was arrested last month as he tried to enter the United States through Los Angeles, a prosecutor, Marcus A. Asner, said in Federal District Court in Manhattan.
NY Times Article


Apparently Citibank got taken in by a letter a lot like this one I got last week.

Dear friend I am MS Sharon John

PLEEASE I REQUEST YOU TO BE MY GUARDIAN AND THEN HELP ME TO COME OVER YOUR COUNTRY.

Dear friend please ,permit me to inform you of my desire of asking you to be a guardian or foster parent to me and then help me out in what I am about to tell you. I know this may sound strange to you , receiving a mail from an unknown person, but my condition has forced me to do that.

I Miss Sharon John 19 years ,the only daughter of Late Mr. & Mrs.John Kossi my father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant here in Lome, the economic capital of Togo. He was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip,my mother died when I was very small.
Before the death of my father on April. 2007 in a private hospital here in Lome here, he secretly called me by his

bed side and told me that he deposited Four and half MLN United States of American currency in a suspense account in one of the big banks here in Togo.

He then strongly advised me not to seek for assistance in the investment of the money from his lawyer nor any of his friend here but to seek for a foreign partner from a country of my choice (outside our country Togo) that will assist me in the wise investment of the money.I have since left the money in the bank with the view of my making use of it for investment purposes after my education carrier here. But as you may be already aware by now, our country (Togo) is presently at political crises. For this ugly development in this country, I have now decided to take quick actions to have this money transferred out of this country before it is too late for me in doing that.

I now want to transfer it out and use it for investment purpose like real estate management or hotel management.

Because of this i

am honorably seeking your assistance in the following ways:

(1) To serve as a guardian to me and then assist me transfer the money into your bank account. (2) To make arrangement for me to come over to your country to further my education and then settle there parmanently. If you accept to stand as my guardian or foster parent to me, i need not discuss on any percentage with you as you have to see the whole money as yours and then assist me invest it. But if you still want a percentage, i am willing to offer you, 30 % of the total money as compensation for your assistance. Please tell me if you feel the percentage i offered is not ok by you.As soon as i receive your concrete assurance to assist me with my proposal and also you should send your full contact address/phone number which I will then give the bank your contact information and then tell them to transfer the money into your account as I want to come over to stay with you parmanently.

The bank will then contact you and communicate with you on the transfer. You shall then be giving me information on when the transfer will be over. No matter what your decision may turn out to be, please I beg you to keep this highly secret for my safety, as I believe that those people that killed my Daddy are still after me.Please reply

me through this my private box
Thanks and God bless you .
Best regards,
Ms.Sharon John

Contant me at johnsharon19@yahoo.com

NY Times Article
Subscribe to Evil Conservative Radio by Email
or

No comments:

Post a Comment