Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oil Gushing Again in Gulf? LIVE Images

Reports this morning that the oil spill had been plugged may be overly optimistic, if these live images from the Gulf are to be believed. I have an idea - and I think this could really work. The basic logic, as I understand this mud-fill idea, is to get something in the "damn hole" that's denser than water - that'll plug it up long enough to pour cement on and close it tight. So I started thinking about what would be REALLY SUPER dense that we could jam in the hole and leave there forever... and I thought maybe we should start with Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, and then move on to the rest of the Congressional Democrats. What could possibly be denser? We'll either eventually plug it up, or we'll run out of liberals. Either way, America wins.
Watch live streaming video from wkrg_oil_spill at livestream.com

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicJoin: Email Updates

6 comments:

  1. The well is not plugged. The news media which knows zero about oil well missinterpreted the report of no oil coming out as it being plugged. The fluid that is coming out now is some or all of the drilling mud they are pumping in. This a good sign that hopefully some of the heavy mud I'd going down the well bore. When enough mud is in the wellbore it will create enough hydrostatic pressure to kill the well. That is why the well blew out in the first place. They removed the hydrostatic head of the 14 lb/gal drilling mud and replaced it with 8.55 lb/gal seawater with out properly checking the cementing job ie run bond log.

    I have 55 hrs experiance in the oil patch including offshoe and deep high pressure wells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you know more than I do about this stuff, that's for sure. I'm hoping it's plugged - but if it's not, let's seriously consider my launching-Dems-down-the-hole idea. We all know that the Democrat brain is one of the densest substances known to man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they need to go to plan B, a junk shot to restrict the flow out the blowout preventer so more mud will go down hole. Top kills are very difficult. It is much better to be able to pump mud into the bottom of the hole. That is the reason for the relief wells, but that takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one on Earth knows less than I do about deep undersea drilling. That being said, I thought it was a bad omen that it its gushing SOMETHING earlier today when they were reportedly not filling with the heavy mud mixture. Now it looks even darker and nastier. Dunno what that means, but it doesn't LOOK very promising to my admittedly ignorant eye. I appreciate your observation, and it makes me wonder why the government wasn't more pro-active on the cleanup. It's my understanding that there are a couple of techniques to keep the oil inside barriers and several ways of collecting it that just weren't tried until it was too late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The government dragging their feet on the rebuilding of the barrier islands is beyond belief, but the anti capitalist want offshore drilling stopped no matter what the cost, so the worst this gets the more ammo they have.

    However I suspect they have let it go to far and the Dems have started to eat their own (Carvile and Tingle Leg). This may be the silver lining in all this.

    ReplyDelete